MORGANTOWN CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATES
April 12th at South Middle School
MORGANTOWN CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATE FORUM – A forum for Morgantown City Council candidates will be held Wednesday, April 12, 7:00– 9:00 p.m. at South Middle School, 500 E. Parkway Drive. After the candidates introduce themselves, there will be time for them to respond to written questions. Refreshments will be served after the forum for informal discussions with the candidates. The public is invited, and all league members are encouraged to attend. League members: please bring food for the forum! These are the candidates, by ward:
- Ward 1 Ron Bane & Rachel Fetty
- Ward 2 Al Bonner & Bill Kawecki
- Ward 3 Wesley “Wes” Nugent & Ryan Wallace
- Ward 4 Eldon Callen & Jenny Selin
- Ward 5 Ronald Dulaney & Kyle McAvoy
- Ward 6 Mark Brazaitis & Jay Redmond
- Ward 7 Bill Graham & Barry Wendell
Early voting is held at City Hall and at the North Side Fire Station beginning on Wednesday, April 12 and ending on Saturday, April 22. Early voting can be done from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and on Saturday, April 15, and Saturday, April 22. In addition to the League forums, there are two additional forums for City Council Candidates that we are aware of:
- The Evansdale Neighborhood Association will hold a Candidates Forum on Monday, April 3 at 7 pm in room 414 at Evansdale Crossing on the WVU campus.
- Mountaineers for Progress – Thursday, April 6, 7pm in the Gladys-Davis Theater at the WVU Creative Arts Center
We had a table at the Rally for Registration on March 21. We registered 5 brand new voters and made 5 address changes.
The Green Team has invited the new City Manager, Paul Brake, to meet with the team for its next regular meeting, Tuesday, April 11th from 5:30pm-7:00pm. The meeting will be held at Downstream Strategies, 295 High Street. Topics sure to be discussed are the City-IAC energy efficiency report implementation, the RFP for a recycling/trash hauler, the team’s Five-Year Plan, and building a productive relationship with the new manager.
CALL TO LWV STATE CONVENTION SATURDAY, MAY 6 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Parkersburg Comfort Suites YOU are invited to attend the Biennial Convention of the West Virginia League of Women Voters! The guest speaker will be Renate Pore, Interim Executive Director, WVAHC and Chair of the Medicaid Coalition. She will speak on the future of the ACA (Obamacare) in West Virginia. Rooms have been reserved for Friday night at the Comfort Suites for members traveling some distance. Please make your own reservation with the motel: 304-489-9600. Tell them you are with the League of Women Voters to get a discount rate. You are invited, in addition, to attend the state board meeting on Friday evening, May 5.
- April 12 City Council Candidate Wednesday Forum 7:00-9:00 p.m. South Middle School 500 E Parkway Drive
- April 17 Board Meeting Monday 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Morgantown Public Library
- April 25 Election Day Tuesday Morgantown City Council May 6 LWV-WV Convention Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Parkersburg
- May 10 Legislative Wrap-up Wednesday LWV and OLLI 6:00 p.m. Mountaineer Mall
- May 20 LWV Morgantown-Mon. Co. Saturday Annual Meeting Noon Luncheon
League Membership Membership in the League is open to all persons (both men and women) over the age of 16. When you become a member of the Morgantown League, you are also a member of the LWV-US and the LWV-WV. Currently dues are $48 for an individual, $72 for a household (two at the same address), and $24 for students. Checks should be made to LWV Morgantown-Mon County and mailed to: Lyndell Millecchia, Treasurer, 476 Lawnview Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505. You can also pay with your credit card at http://tinyurl.com/paylwvmm or you may send money from your PayPal account to email@example.com.
Contributions are also welcomed and encouraged. (Membership dues and contributions to the League of Women Voters are not deductible as a personal or business expense for tax purposes.)